Okay time for a really quick update:
I spent the last week re-writing the first 10 chapters including the prologue, While I did do some writing mostly it was a chance to tidy up the first section of the manuscript, It was starting to resemble one gigantic paragraph which wouldn’t be very readable, So I went through it again page by page and tidied it up, added some stuff and deleted some stuff, I also merged two chapters into one because the ‘break’ between them just didn’t seem logical after all.
I have decided not to spend anymore time on those chapters for the time being, They are by no means perfect yet but I’m just going to leave them as is and concentrate on the rest of the MS, I’ll rewrite them again once it is finished and I’ve received feedback from Beta Readers. Doing this will allow me to start on the “middle” section without spending time on what has already been written which as I’ve found out can be quite distracting. A friend recently said she was too close to her stories to be able to edit them effectively without feedback and I think I’m at that point with what I have written so far – Going over it again could prove disastrous plus my brain has been churning out ideas for subsequent chapters and if I don’t get them down soon they’ll weather disappear completely or drive me insane!